The installation of new granite countertops follows a simple set of steps from the initial cost estimate to the final installation.
If you do not select stone from our in-stock material, please visit our distributors to make your final stone selection. Directions to each of our distributors are included in this package. Your selections will be recorded on a “Selection Sheet” by the warehouse personnel and faxed to our office. Please call your Sales Manager if you have any questions about your stone selection or pricing.
Once you have made a final stone selection and edge profile selection, your contract will be signed with the Sales Manager and a 50% deposit will be collected.
- Any requests to deviate from the contract after it has been signed will require a change order. Change orders will require signature and may need a new install date. We reserve the right to decline a change order, particularly when it affects stone already in process.
- Your template and installation will be scheduled at this time.
At this appointment we will come and perform detailed measurements of your project. We will also discuss all of the details necessary to make your project a success. At the template, we’ll need to review everything that makes a hole in the new countertop – sinks, faucets, soap dispenser, water dispenser, cooktop, downdraft, etc. Please ensure that the physical items are available for review at this time.
- If you have selected an Apron or Farm sink, it requires modifying the cabinet face for installation; therefore it is imperative that the sink be installed in the cabinet prior to the template appointment.
- Signature Stone has invested in an LT-55 Precision Laser Templator to employ the latest in digital templating technologies. This advanced tool provides us the ability to measure the most complicated installations with ease.
Fabricating granite countertops is a complex process that requires skilled craftsmen using the correct material and equipment. Granite slabs vary in size but often measure 6’ x 9’ or larger, weighing more than 1,000 pounds each.
- Custom-measured templates are carefully laid out on your selected granite slabs and examined for fit and function. The bridge saw operator uses a water-cooled diamond saw to cut the 1¼” thick granite slab, following the template.
- Select sections may then be further cut, shaped and edged using a high-tech ‘CNC’ (computer numerical controlled) cutting machine.
- Counter top sections are finished with the required edge detail with a special edging machine and frequently hand polished. Stone fabrication is not only very labor and capital intensive, but also requires specialty safety equipment to protect operators at all times. It is best to leave templating, cutting and installation to a professional stone fabricator such as Signature Stone.
Delivery and Installation
At this appointment, our team of professionals will install your countertops. Removing the old countertops (if required) and installing the new ones will be completed in one day.
- Upon completion, undermount sinks will be attached to the countertops and ready for your plumber to complete the connections. Please allow 12-24 hours for the adhesives to cure before having the plumber complete his work.
We will make every effort to deliver a project ahead of schedule, as the process permits. If you are flexible and can take it sooner, please let us know. If you are delayed and cannot take the install on schedule, it may mean an install delay.